Week at a glance: Continue with My Librarian is a Camel, Spelling: short/long i; Social Studies: General information about USA
Monday: Sept 17
Continue memorizing the oceans: Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, and Arctic (know about the Southern Ocean)
Tuesday: Sept 18
Wednesday: Sept 19
Thursday: Sept 20
Friday: Sept 21
No School! Teacher Inservices
2018-2019 Parent Information Night
Odds and Ends notes and links:
1. Discovery Education:
From the http://www.discoveryeducation.com/ site, students should have their username and password in their planner. The password for all students is "Learnmore."
To order scholastic books:
1. Go online to:
Look up my name: Mrs. Karen Davies
Or enter our Class Code: GPDMM
Follow the instructions to place your order online OR
2.Check off the books you want to order for your child and return this flyer to me with a check to Scholastic Book Clubs
Think Central log on
To log on:
District: Archdiocese of Kansas City Ed
School: Corpus Christi
Student username and password
Link to Scholastic News for Kids
Link to Social Studies Geography Glossary:
Link to Social Studies online textbook log in:
Please use the following links for information about Midwest snakes:
Continue to practice seven continents....
- Take home words/cut/place in bag; students are responsible for bringing their words each day
- Sort Words by category, check for accuracy, record in word work notebook.
- Re-sort words & conduct a buddy check. Highlight “trouble” areas
- Choose one of the following to vary the routine: 1) word hunt: Look for words that follow the same pattern or have the same sound. 2) speed sort (timed). 3) alphabetize words
- Test over spelling words
How to study:
- Read the paragraph carefully and silently.
- Look for any capitals, proper names, commas, end punctuation, and quotation marks. Highlight those items.
- Then copy the paragraph on the back side of the paper OR fold the paper hot dog style and copy on the other side.
- Practice with a partner or parent by asking them to read the sentences in phrases (or chunks), while you write.