Have a wonderful, relaxing SUMMER!! See you in August!
1. Discovery Education:
Watch assigned video and answer the "1-2-1-1" questions that go along with the video when assigned.
From the http://www.discoveryeducation.com/ site, students should have their username and password in their planner. The password for all students is "Learnmore."
To order scholastic books:
1. Go online to:
Look up my name: Mrs. Karen Davies
Or enter our Class Code: GPDMM
Follow the instructions to place your order online
2.Check off the books you want to order for your child and return this flyer to me with a check to Scholastic Book Clubs
2017-2018 Parent Information Night
Parent Information Night Notes
Think Central log on
To log on:
District: Archdiocese of Kansas City Ed
School: Corpus Christi
Your username and password
Link to Scholastic News for Kids
Link to Social Studies Geography Glossary:
Link to Social Studies online textbook log in:
Below is a link for the academic vocabulary for 4th grade!
Please use the following links for information about Midwest snakes:
Test & Quizzes
Spelling tests are typically once a week!
- Take home words/cut/place in bag; students are responsible for bringing their words each day
- Sort Words by category, check for accuracy, record in word work notebook.
- Re-sort words & conduct a buddy check. Highlight “trouble” areas
- Choose one of the following to vary the routine: 1) word hunt: Look for words that follow the same pattern or have the same sound. 2) speed sort (timed). 3) alphabetize words
- Test over spelling words
How to study:
- Read the paragraph carefully and silently.
- Look for any capitals, proper names, commas, end punctuation, and quotation marks. Highlight those items.
- Then copy the paragraph on the back side of the paper OR fold the paper hot dog style and copy on the other side.
- Practice with a partner or parent by asking them to read the sentences in phrases (or chunks), while you write.
Our students love to read!
Students utilize the Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Journeysreading series to help extend their reading comprehension and to figure out how text works. In addition, we read and respond to a wide variety of other fiction and nonfiction texts.
Our fourth graders have the opportunity to become wonderful writers each year. During our school year, students continue to polish their writing using a variety of prompts and purposes for writing. Students are beginning to attend to their audience. Multiple and varied opportunities to utilize and sharpen writing are explored throughout the year.
Social StudiesFourth grade students will study several geographic regions within the United States this year--middle west, southeast, southwest, northeast, west, and mountain. While geography is a main concept, students will also study the economics, history, and environments of each region. We are delighted to have partnered with Junior Achievement to teach important entrepreneur concepts!
Students can order books from the Scholastic book flyers by bringing the completed order form and a CHECK to my classroom. Scholastic book orders may also be placed online! Our class code is GPDMM.
The website is:
Classroom Party Sign UpParents click the link below to sign up for various classroom parties throughout the year!
Sign Up Genius
Please check the school website for a list of supplies!